Virtual Gallery of Telephony Museum
The Castle Exchange (Várközpont), the first mechanically switched, automatic telephone exchange was put into operation in 1928, as a branch exchange of the "Krisztina" exchange. The rotary 7A1 model exchange that underwent several expansions remained in service until November 1985 and this important telecommunication history relic has been preserved in a functional state in its original place.
The first exhibition of the Telephony Museum opened in its room in 1991 to mark the 110th anniversary of the start of the telephone service in Hungary. The new exhibition called "From the alarm pole to the word net" has been receiving visitors since May 17, 2000.
Postamúzeum 1068 Budapest, Benczúr u. 27. | Phone: +36 1 269-6838, +36 1 322-4240 | E-mail: